Your Car Battery is not only there to start up your vehicle but also to charge your phone, run the AC as well as a music system. It is the main energy source for everything you and your car need to keep rolling. When you are getting so much support from the battery, it is your duty to give it back the love and care so that the union stays for long.
Taking care of the car and it’s all parts is the biggest pleasure for the automobile enthusiast. However, if you do not belong to that group, then also it is your duty to maintain your battery of the car so that it will have an extended life and you can save your hard-earned money as well as you don’t have to invest for the car battery price.
What is the average car battery life?
Generally, the car battery lasts for 2 to 5 years. The main factor that determines the life of the Car Battery is the weather. As the battery is already located inside the engine where lots of heat is producing every day, the scorching hot day can lead to more dangerous harm to the battery. You need to take summer driving precautions to avoid the scope of dead battery due to heat.
Due to warm weather, the fluid of the car battery can be evaporated damaging the internal structure. For that reason, the warmer regions see a shorter life of the battery.
Tips to take care of the Car Battery for extended life:
- Avoid Short Rides: When you take short rides frequently, your battery does not get the scope to fully charge. It is always advisable to drive the car frequently and for a longer period. If you don’t drive your car too often, then you should consider having a portable charger that can jump-start your battery without the vehicle.
- Fasten Your Battery: In case, the battery is not securely fastened with the engine, it can vibrate that can lead to internal damage. You have to check your battery terminal regularly especially when you are driving on a bumpy road and make sure that it is tightly ensured in the mounting bracket.
- Turn Off The Light: It is better to avoid misuse of battery charge when not in use. Many people accidentally keep their headlight and car door light on even after they exit. You can simply handle this by keeping a simple note for yourself to turn off the light to save the charge of the battery.
- Avoid Corrosion: The build-up at the battery terminal damage the life of the battery. Occasionally, you must clean those terminals with a toothbrush and a mixture of baking powder and soda. Just spray the mixture all over the places, rub it with the brush and finally wipe all the residues with a clean cloth.
- Test Your Battery: You need a tester to know the condition of the battery. From the output voltage level, you will get to know when you have to buy a car battery online.